Oak Orchard Harbor and Light

In 1867 a grant of $87,000.00 was made to the port. Two piers, each 1600 feet in length, the lighthouse, the keeper’s house, and an elevated walk over one of the piers to the lighthouse were constructed by 1871. Once completed, this structure was recorded as U.S. Light List Number 2365, and was visible for nine miles. … Read More Oak Orchard Harbor and Light

Advertisements